Monday, December 8, 2014

Breathless Monday: Holiday Flirts with Heart-A Crystal Angel by Dawn Brower


It's Breathless Monday and the first of a wonderful series of holiday flirts comes drifting like fallen snow across my blog. Dawn Brower joins us with her heartfelt holiday story, A Crystal Angel. I can't wait to read this one...for all those moments in life you just wish you could take back. This is a story that I just know is going to make me reach for the tissues like a historical Hallmark movie. Bring it on! Thanks for being on the blog today Dawn!

1.       How did you start writing erotic romance?
I wouldn't really classify these books as erotic romance. They don't have a high heat level.  There are some sexy scenes, but they are scattered. I like sex scenes in books, but I also enjoy exploring more of their story. What makes them tick. So you want to know how I started writing? My sister made me do it, lol.
2.       Plotter or pantster?
I ride a very fine line between the two. I can plot like nobody's business, but I don't write it down. I have it all in my head. Which is where the panster part comes in, I let the characters direct how the plot unfolds and when everything happens. So if I'm forced to pick one I fall more on the panster side of writing.
3.       What are three things you have on your writing desk?
Well I don't have a desk… Where I write changes from day to day and where I can cart my laptop off to. As I write this I'm sitting at my kitchen table. So I have an empty plate (just ate a sandwich for lunch) and a cup of coffee (the nectar of the gods) and my iPhone next to me.
4.       Favorite food?
Pizza or anything Italian really.
5.       Tell us a little about your new release. What character in the book really spoke to you?
My newest release is a continuation of my first book, A Flawed Jewel. It takes place fourteen years after A Flawed Jewel.  Thor and Pia are dealing with teenage twins and all that goes on with it. I had fun writing this short story, giving life to their offspring. Pia was the most vocal of them all, but they are a pretty strong-willed family.
6.       I write because ____...
The voices in my head make me. Seriously once I opened the tap I couldn't stop. I've learned so much in the past year and I know I will  continue to learn more if I keep writing.
7.       What is your favorite type of character to write about?
The fun ones—the ones who don't hold anything back. Say what they mean and mean what they say kind of characters. You never really know what is going to come out of their mouths.
8.       What is the sexiest scene you ever wrote?
I really do not know. This might sound crazy but I don't like to think about sex scenes. I almost turn my brain off and just let my fingers take over. I'm not a fan of spilling things on paper regarding sex. Weird I know, but it is what it is.
9.       What advice would you give new authors in the erotica/romance field?
Just write what you feel you can. Don't try to be like a certain writer, just be yourself and true to your own work.
10.   What is next on your writerly horizon?
I participated in NaNoWriMo for the first time this month. Well that isn't exactly true, I did do camp in July. This is my first National novel month participation though. It was fun, grueling, and worth it. It gave me the motivation to finish my second cowgirl book. With the rough draft done now I just need to move on to the revision stage.



Social and buy links
www.twitter.com/dawab33

http://www.breathlesspress.com/index.php?main_page=product_free_shipping_info&cPath=9&products_id=706&zenid=66e0060fcec8c8a80dc9fb5fa0e2e71f



Author bio-
Dawn Brower holds a Bachelor of Arts in psychology, a Master of Arts in Education, and is currently working on a Master of Arts in Liberal Arts with concentrations in Literature, History, and Sociology. She works as a substitute teacher and enjoys the flexibility it gives her to concentrate on her other endeavors. Growing up she was the only girl out of six children. She is a single mother of two teenage boys; there is never a dull moment in her life. Reading books is her favorite hobby. There is nothing like a nice glass of wine and a good book to relax with at the end of the day. There are always stories inside her head; she just never thought she could make them come to life. That creativity has finally found an outlet. If you want to contact Dawn you can visit her website at http://www.authordawnbrower.com

Short Blurb:
A drunken promise of betrothal has turned Thor's family against him. Will Thor earn Pia's forgiveness and find their runaway children in time for Christmas?

Long Blurb:

After a night of cards and drinking, Thor's splitting headache is the least of his worries. When a messenger arrives with a contract for him to sign, his wife Pia discovers he's agreed to betroth their son to the Earl of Devon's daughter. Pia's beyond furious and demands he fix it—or else. After overhearing the argument between their parents, the twins Liam and Lily, decide to runaway in protest of the contract. Thor and Pia set out to find their rebellious children before something dreadful happens to them. Will Thor convince Pia to forgive him and find the twins before Christmas or will their family fall apart forever?



Book excerpt-
"Don't see the point. Besides I think we need to discuss what I overheard."
"If it isn't about school, I don't care."
"You should, Liam. I told you it would impact your life."
"Well, what is it then?"
"Father agreed on a betrothal contract."
"Failing to understand how this might concern me." Liam waved his hand dismissively and turned back to his game. "Who is he going to marry you off to?"
"Not me you, fool. The Earl of Devon sent one over for him to sign. He's going to marry you off to his daughter, Lady Gemma Kemsley."
Liam's face turned stark white and he swayed in his chair. He turned to look at Lily as the shock settled in. His blue eyes glazed over as the astonishment of her words became clear. "Pardon me, what did you say?"
"You're betrothed, as in when you both come of age, you're getting married. Congratulations, brother of mine."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!