Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Muir Bhreatan: K. E. Shade


Aedan ó Loinsigh's only love beyond the sea is his Kaitlin. Captured, he uses his knowledge of the seas to get back to his love.

Liberators of gold from the British on the high seas, Aedan ó Loinsigh and his brother have never shied away from a challenge on the open waters. Aedan’s only tie to solid ground is the lovely Kaitlin who possesses him like no other. When the brothers are captured and awaiting execution, a mysterious man offers to free them if they pay off their debt aboard his ship. The brothers waste no time in agreeing to the proposal only to find their new lives are not much better than those of slaves. Desperate to reach Kaitlin again, Aedan must figure out a way to save not only the other indentured servants aboard the ship but get back to his true love. Salvation could come at a price. One that Aedan will have to live with for the rest of his life.

 1. How did you start writing erotic romance? A writer's circle I belong to listed a open submission for an anthology involving with a Halloween theme. I had a half-completed story where the main character was half angel and half demon. Maurizio was dark and exotic and just perfect for the call. The romantic pull was already there, as I made earth witches the perfect mate for Maurizio's kind. I just let the sparks go from there. Before I went for it with that story, I dabbled only and certainly nothing worth submitting for publication.
2. Plotter or pantster? Total pantser. I tried once to detail an outline and started writing in a blaze. The next thing I knew, I was so far off course I had no way of righting the ship. I've learned from that experience to have the beginning and ending firm. The middle is a lot of squishy parts I stitch together. I'm pretty sure this pantsing is the reason I have so many incomplete projects.
3. What are three things you have on your writing desk? Well, when I use it, usually my cats (kitties count as one, right? Otherwise, the other two ones don't count). I positioned my desk so that I see out a window and my fur babies love being up there. Other than that, I have my notes in a spiral notebook for whatever I'm working on. If I need a drink (water, most likely), I make sure it has a lid.
4. Favorite food? Gummy bears
5. Tell us a little about your new release. What character in the book really spoke to you? It was actually a secondary character. Aedan's brother Daithi. Through him, I was able to shape Aedan's future and focus his resolve in what must be done to get back to his one true love.
6. I write because I've been passionate about storytelling since the 7th grade. My parents encouraged my reading habits which just propelled my vivid imagination. Writing down those daydreaming visions was the natural progression.
7. What is your favorite type of character to write about? I love the anti-hero. Batman and Iron Man, for example. They're imperfectly perfect. My heroes side with good but they're not afraid to get their hands dirty, break a few laws, or throw the villain off a cliff for their brand of justice.
8. What is the sexiest scene you ever wrote? It would have to be the scene between Eros and Mandy in The Heat of His Kiss. She denied her love for him for so long that when she release herself, it was pure bliss.
9. What advice would you give new authors in the erotica/romance field? Beyond writing well, if the passionate scenes don't get you hot and bothered when you write them, it's not going to spark most readers. Always remember while the passion is important, so is the story surrounding the lovers. The sex is the fun part but the character's journey is most so.
10. What is next on your writerly horizon? I have a few full length novels half way or near complete. In a few months, I'll be pouring over them so they're fit for other eyes beyond mine. They're fantasy romance.

Aedan chanced getting closer to her and she closed the rest of the distance. The clear waters spared him no mercy at the sight of her swimming without one scrap of clothing. "Oh, lass. You tempt me."
"Always." She draped her arms around his neck. "Promise me ye will come back to me."
"I will."
"Promise."
"With all my heart, Kaitlin, I promise I will be in ye arms again."
She smiled and kissed him boldly, her tongue breaking the barrier. Aedan kicked his legs to breach shallow water, his trousers growing tighter. The sand curled around his toes and he pressed her closer. Her hands wormed their way up his chest and she pushed him away.
"I have to go." She toyed with her bottom lip. Aedan smirked and reached for her, but she batted his hands away.
"Nay." He crooked a finger at her.
"But the men are waiting for me." As she backed away, inch by inch of her bare skin emerged from the lapping water. "I've volunteered to lead them back home."
Aedan waded toward her, but she stayed a hairsbreadth from his reach. His heart pounded in his chest as she halted with the water kissing her waist.
"The men can wait." Aedan brushed his fingers along her damp tresses.
"Can they?" She kissed his neck slow. Her fingers traced the outline of the scar a bullet had left behind over a year ago. "Must everyone wait but Aedan Ó Loinsigh?"
Salty air and the gentle touch of his love almost made her words drown in the warm feel of her kisses on his skin. Too many days at sea burned his lust, and his body yearned to join with Kaitlin. He raised her chin, eager for taste of her lips. She pressed her hand over his mouth.
"I will wait for ye. I will, always and forever. I love ye." Her hand moved away.



K. E. Shade is multi-published author Kastil Eavenshade in disguise pandering her romantic shenanigans. When not catering to the whims of three rescued kitties, she's dreaming up her next heart-beating tale. No period in history—past, present, or future—is safe from the clutches of her muse. Her passions beyond writing are drawing, cooking, and watching Pittsburgh Penguins hockey. She credits her parents for her free spirit as they've always supported her in every aspect of her life. Without them, she wouldn't be here.

http://kastil.wordpress.com
https://www.facebook.com/KastilEavenshade

           Twitter: https://twitter.com/PamBitner
           Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5283903.Kastil_Eavenshade


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!