Thursday, December 20, 2012

Ghost for Christmas



A Ghost for Christmas
Kacey Hammell
Publisher: Evernight Publishing
Genre: Paranormal Erotic Romance
Release Date: December 6th 
ISBN# 978-1-77130-211-1


After receiving a long weekend at an elegant hotel beside the majestic Niagara Falls as a Christmas gift, Jodie Gibson is determined to do nothing but relax and enjoy the scenery. And, okay, just maybe meet someone who makes her toes curl.

Sebastian is sophisticated, tall, dark and gorgeous--everything a woman fantasizes about. But he's also an 18th century ghost. He haunts the halls of the hotel, seeking the one true love that can help him find peace… 



Excerpt © Kacey Hammell

As she peered into the reflective glass, a face appeared behind her. Jodie whipped around and fell back against the window.
Oh my fucking God!
Before her, in what looked like a shimmering bubble, stood the most breathtakingly beautiful man she’d ever seen. Dressed in a white shirt and black pants, he had dark unruly hair and striking, magnetic blue eyes that held her in place.
Jodie blinked, uncertain, scared and breathless.
How was it possible? She’d read the newspaper clippings, yes, but it was unimaginable to think ghosts might actually walk among the living.
Not everything made sense. She only believed in things that could actually be seen, felt and touched. This seemed surreal.
Stunned by the apparition before her, dressed in what looked like centuries-old clothes straight out of Esquire, he seemed to look straight through her, and his smile warmed her clear to her toes. Lord, she was in trouble.
“Hello.” Soft and gravelly, his voice alone seduced her…all the way to her toes. Her body quivered and her center tightened.
Whoa. What the hell am I thinking?  There’s a ghost in front of me and I’m ready to jump his bones. Not bloody likely.
“What are you doing here? Get out.  I don’t care who you are, you’re leaving, right now.”
He frowned. “No need to be frightened.  I’ve been here for centuries.”
Jodie laughed, and not one to wilt like a scared little girl, stood tall. “This is all a joke.” She looked around, up and down, and all over the room. “Are there hidden cameras somewhere?  Hey, Ashton, if you’re behind the camera, you can come out now.  I’ve been Punk’d good. Thanks and all, but I’d like to get on with my evening without you.”
 “Who is this Ashton? What is a punk?  A rake, perhaps?” he asked.
Jodie squinted.  “A rake?”  She hadn’t ever heard that term spoken, but had read it in historical romances. No one talked like that these days. “No. Never mind, it’s not important. Listen, I just want you to go. I want to enjoy my evening.”
His smile was gentle. “I’m sorry, my dear, but this evening every decade is the only time I am visible to the human eye. I never miss a chance to watch the Falls.”
Every decade…
“You’re telling me you do this every ten years? How old are you?”
“I was born in 1781. That makes me—”
“Two hundred thirty-one,” Jodie whispered, legs weak. She grabbed the back of the chair nearby and sat down. Were such things even possible?
Jesus.
An eighteenth century ghost stood before her.
Merry Christmas to me.


Available at…



The Review:

When your friend gives you a present to go to a hot resort hotel for Christmas that just happens to have a haunted room with a sexy ghost- you can't exactly say no, right? 

Jodie is a quiet soul wrapped up in her own life and when her friend sends her to hotel over Christmas, she is stunned, but finally relents. Checking into the room, she discovers clippings of a haunting every December 24th- in ten year increments. It just so happened that her stay coincides with the ten year mark.

I loved this book for its passion and the very real element of feeling like someone on the outskirts of life. Everyone else has the passion, the relationships, the whatever...just not Jodie. She is fragile and lonely and her introduction to the ghost is just the fire this girl needs to melt her heart and breathe life back into her soul.

There are a couple of editing issues here and there, but overall I felt the book flowed well, had real dialog and the sex scenes were smoking hot. Sebastian the ghost can haunt me any day of the week! This is a short Christmas read that will be a fun gift to find in your e-stocking. 

4.5/5




One of my favourite aspects about writing A Ghost for Christmas was the hero, Sebastian. He is a ghost, [which was a concept I never considered writing before], and also from the 18th Century, [also outside my realm of things]. He was a lot of fun, a true romantic, and seduced me as much as the heroine, Jodie. Sebastian—who he is in mind, body and spirit—made it easy to focus on the romance and allowed Jodie to accept feeling vulnerable. Their relationship that blossomed is truly the foundation that brings the story into a misty-eyed bliss.

Also a fave, and what makes this story a special part of my heart, is as a Canadian and a honeymooner in Niagara Falls (where the story is set). I love Niagara Falls, the Festival of Lights every year and have photos on my wall from my honeymoon during the winter months and know how gorgeous the Falls are.

I hope readers enjoy this holiday romance as much as I did writing it.







Readers can learn more about Kacey’s books/contact her via …



The writer: Canadian author, Kacey Hammell is a multi-published erotic romance author who writes mainly in the Contemporary Erotic/Romantic Suspense genres.  She is a true romantic at heart.

The Wife and Mom: Born, raised and still living in her hometown in Ontario, Canada, Kacey found true love with her husband.  As a Mom of three, Kacey has made certain that each of her children know the value of the written word and the adventures they could escape on by becoming book-a-holics in their own right.


1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!